Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sorry about no posting lately

Sorry that we haven't posted for a week. We have been SOOOOO busy. I have been going in to uni at 7:40am and getting home after 6pm, having dinner then doing more work. That much work really only leaves time for a quick dinner and sleeping. Not as much sleeping as I would like, so I am really tired. Llew has been busy, virtually in constant discussions with other people about their work.

I am still working for Inspire. We are in overdrive for the acadamies now. We have to test everything out, which would be fun, except for the hard part about organising how to do it all. We get to make juice box windmills, straw on fishing line sail boats, soccer balls, dice, folders, water filters, dirty water, mystery bags of "technology" examples and lots of posters and print outs. We are following the Boston Museum of Science Engineering is Elementary modules. In particular, the Mechanical Engineering one where a boy in Denmark "catches the wind", and Environmental Engineering where a girl in India "cleans" some of the Ganges River water. Plus we do some Maths activities on top of that. As well as all of us testing these which takes many hours each day, I have been making power point presentations and templates, posters, net dice shapes and various bits and pieces and having other meeting for hours too. As they say, we eat breathe and sleep acadamy!

That is too true. I could not get to sleep 2 nights ago due to thinking about things. Along with that, I still have a heap of data from last year's acadamies that I have been analysing. Have to work out what the rest of it means, but some of it is ready to be turned into a paper. Just... have... to... get... time... to... write... it...!

I don't know whether the weekend will be catch up on sleep time, or catch up on work time. My list for tomorrow is extremely long, so I am guessing it will be the second option!

No comments: