Friday, January 18, 2008

Been a while

It's been a while since posting, so I thought I'd give an update.
Llew is in Georgia at the moment on an EPICS trip, just from yesterday until tomorrow. That means I am all alone. Oh well. It was probably a good night for him to be away last night because I now have a cold and last night was spent tossing and turning, sniffing, sneezing and coughing. Blaaa. There are a few colds going around so of course I had to get one too! Have to fit in you know!

Other than that, I have been furiously working on journal articles. The first one has come back from my boss with really good comments. It just needs some fine tuning and data analysis. I think I'll wait till next week to start when my head is hopefully a bit more clear. The second paper is due today for a conference and I sent it to a colleague who is the co-writer and he is yet to get it back to me. It still has the discussion to write, but I hope he is doing that as I type. 4 hours till it is due! The third paper is nearly all done and is sitting with the boss. The fourth paper I should be working on right now, but sniff, sniff, cough, cough, blaaaaaaaaa! Need to save my energy for the one due today :) The fifth paper was actually the first one I started way back in Feb 2007, but still have to write the lit reveiw and discussion. That might not be started for a couple of weeks.

Speaking of weeks, we only have 6 weeks left here! AAAHHH! Where did the time go? Time flies when you are having fun. There you go, to everyone here, you have helped us have fun, so you can all feel good :) We fly out of Chicago late on Thursday Feb 28 to London. Then we do two weeks in Germany and The Netherlands, one week in Norway, a few days in Singapore, then get home on April 2. Of course the blog will be kept up to date with all of that, but for now, it's work, work, work.

1 comment:

alicepawley said...

Oh Gemma so sorry you're illin' too! Can we bring you some food, or maybe some Alka-Seltzer Cold and Sinus? (I swear by the stuff...) :-(