Thursday, December 6, 2007

Freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wake up today and go out to the loungeroom and pull back the drapes and look out on our lovely leftover snow from yesterday and see the sun shining and it all looks wonderful and sparkly... then I turn on the Weather Channel.

It gives up to date forecasts every 10 minutes and it delighted in telling me, "The current temperature in your area is 7 degrees (F which
= -13.8C) with a windchill of 0 degrees (F which = -17.8C)".

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

When I went outside an hour later, it was supposed to be 8 and 8. There was actually hardly any breeze and I could actally feel the warmth of the sun. So as long as I stood still and did not breathe, it was fine. Of course breathing makes your nose freeze even under a few layers of scarf, and moving you legs such that your pants change position is chilly even with long underwear on, but it was quite bearable and luckily the bus at that time always has the same driver and he is good and always on time.

2 comments:

alicepawley said...

Ah yes, when your breathing makes your nose freeze shut. Good times, good times. Wait until your eyelashes freeze together. I've never been in such cold that, if you spit, it would freeze before it hit the ground - I'm not even sure I believe that is possible, but they say it is. My coldest has been -57ÂșC, where, they said, your fingers would freeze solid if left out for 2 mins. My mom drove us to school that day. ;-)

alicepawley said...

I should also add, that -57 was windchill, I think. Brrrr....