Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Waking up to SNOW!!!

Well for the first time ever, I went to sleep last night and woke up to SNOW! It was soooo cool (both literally and figuratively). The snow plow had come past at this stage, but there was still lots of untouched snow. We ended up getting just over two inches outside our unit.

The view from out our window.

Our grill, with a nice dusting of powder.

Gemma's flip-flops (thongs for your Aussies)

My first snowball of the season... Aren't I happy!

Finally, after we came home this afternoon, our first attempt at a snowman. We tried however using our bare hands, and didn't get very far...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gemma & Welly,
When I was in Switzerland trying to make a snow man a local walked up saying not that was not the way to make one, i.e. piling up the snow. The way I was taught by the local was to start with a large snowball and roll it along the ground where it collects more and more snow and becomes big and round. It really works. So if you have enough snow give it a try.

CU
Marianne

alicepawley said...

I forgot to say - I think the snow was too dry. If it is too dry, it doesn't stick together. It's when it's really wet that it makes a good snowperson.

Here are some snowpeople ideas from Calvin and Hobbes: http://www.chase3000.com/userpages/calvinhobbes/

Gemma said...

Yeh, I knew about the snowball, but Alice was right in that it wouldn't stick together. After piling a little, I tried a ball, but it just crumbled through my fingers and added to the heap on the ground! Then we decided it was too cold :)