Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cats & Dogs

Today I joined the volunteer group at the Tippecanoe County Humane Society (soon to change its name) and did the orientation. This means that at any time I want, I can go there and help out. At the moment they have about 40 cats. To answer Mum's question, I will be feeding, cleaning, and playing with them, not adopting any. There may, however, be a chance to foster a kitten in the upcoming months. Apparently spring is big for kittens! All the cats they have at the moment are adults, but are still so cute. I just want to cuddle them all! I have been missing Peanuts a bit, but I think this will help a lot. I just need a cat (or many) in my life. They also have dogs, but I think I'll do cats unless they need help for the dogs. They also have a few hamsters and 1 rabbit at the moment. The abandoned rabbit population kind of explodes after Easter, however, so I might need to help there. That's OK with me; rabbits and hamsters and mice are cute too. I just can't take them into the cat room and play with them with balls and things and give them cuddles. This is going to be so much fun! I'll let you know how it goes.

(By the way, it is a 100% adoption society, so no euthenasing which makes me even happier.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gemma

I agree - having a cat in one's life is wonderful. Maybe I can undertake a similar activity in Aust when I retire. Ross says they live too long in our house for us to have another permanently. G