Friday, March 9, 2007

Getting warmer


Firstly it was really cold with snow everywhere. So much snow I got a bit lost! No, this was our first day when we had no sense of direction at all.

Then it got a little warmer and the snow started to melt. Still sub-zero at night, but at least positive during the day.

Now guess what. It is 54 degrees! That is about (13C). That is the warmest it has been since we have been here and a marked change from 34 two days ago. It is supposed to get slightly warmer this afternoon, up to 58. Maybe spring is starting to sneak in a bit. I hope so. Cold is so hard to do anything in. It is also really sunny now and that is uplifting.

I am just being a lady of leisure at the moment. I am enjoying not having any pressure, stress or anything. I am enjoying having nothing that I have to do. I hope it doesn't get to be too much of a habit! I have made some contacts at Purdue and will go in to talk to them next week or something, and I will be going to my second seminar today, so I am putting in a presence. I am also wanting to get involved with the K-12 stuff that Llew's department does. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gemma, Have you made a snowman? Mummy says there's a huge shopping centre near you, can you show us a picture of it? Brynn