Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Finally Started Work...

Well I officially started work yesterday, but today is the first day I have been able to access a computer and do a brain dump. We are still not sure what exactly I am going to do, as there are many opportunities around to do some fun stuff. I am currently trying to write some papers left over from my PhD, starting to look at some new data, and planning a longer study.

We spent our first night in our new flat last night. It looks great, but as we didn't buy a base with our matress it was a bit cold on the floor last night, even with the heating. It gets down to about 18F (-8C) at night, but it is currently a nice 27F (-3C) outside. We get cable and internet tomorrow, so look forward to more regular posts and pictures from Gemma (the lady of leisure for the time being).

I am driving to Indianapolis airport this afternoon with another faculty member, as he has kindly offered us the use of his car while he is out of town. We are also going our for dinner tonight with a friend from Stanford (originally at the University of Washington) who is interviewing at the moment for a faculty position here at Purdue.

Pictures of the unit and my new office in a few days, so stay posted!

No comments: